On May 27, 2003, Matt Mullenweg announced to the world that anyone could access his open source platform WordPress to use as their own content management system. Since then, the world for writers and entrepreneurs has never been the same.
To say that WordPress revolutionized the way writers and entrepreneurs could run their business is an understatement. Now more than ever, anyone with an idea or something to say can quickly set up a blog and begin sharing their ideas or selling their product or service. With all of the free plugins available, you can have a business up and running within a day for less than $100.
Yet while getting an idea off the ground has become much easier, making it successful still has many challenges. Just search the web and you will see millions of blogs either abandoned or barely getting by. For every one story you hear of how a blogger made it and is now making a six-figure income from their business, there are about a thousand other stories of those who did not.
So why do so many bloggers give up on their hopes and dreams of making it? Here are three of many reasons:
- Lack Of Business Knowledge
Running a business might look easy. But it’s not. All too often people with ideas don’t realize how much work is involved to launch a successful blog. Everything from being the webmaster, creating content, SEO, social media, and so on, managing an online business has many challenges that most don’t realize until they begin doing the work.
To run a successful blog, you still need an understanding of how a business works. Yes, it is much easier to launch an online business than it was fifteen years ago. But that doesn’t mean that anyone can create a successful website without any experience or understanding.
- Lack Of Self Discipline
Being a blogger means that you work for yourself. You no longer have a boss or anyone to answer to. And while this is one of the main reasons bloggers love to blog, it also means that it requires a great deal of self-discipline and self-responsibility.
- You have to be the one who pushes you when things get hard.
- You have to be the one who solves all of the problems when they arise.
- You have to be the one who keeps a schedule and manages your time wisely.
- No one is going to do this for you.
- Lack Of Motivation
One of the biggest challenges for bloggers to overcome is picking themselves up after a mistake is made or when times get tough. Running a successful website has many ups and downs and in the beginning, there are more downs than ups.
This means that you have to be mentally strong to overcome adversity and hardships. You have to be ready to keep pushing forward when the chips are down. This is not something they can teach you in a workshop or in college. You have to learn it yourself.
And one of the best ways to mentally pick yourself up is by reading inspirational quotes. These words have the power to shift your thinking very quickly when you otherwise might feel like giving up.
Here are 10 motivational quotes and sayings you can read the next time you feel like you are wavering:
- We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. – Barbara De Angelis
- Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome. – Unknown
- Success is what comes after your stop making excuses. – Luis Galarza
- There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results. – Kenneth Blanchard
- Entrepreneur – A crazy person who risks their own money for freedom, rather than exchanging their freedom for money. – Unknown
- Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most. – Unknown
- Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end. ― Roy T. Bennett
- Never stop trying. Never stop believing. Never give up. Your day will come. – Unknown
- Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t. – Unknown
- Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm. ― Winston S. Churchill