Ready for Prime time!
PressWork 1.0 has been approved by WordPress and is now available for everyone on WordPress.org.
What this means for the PressWork community?
You can now be guaranteed you’re always running the most recent stable release of PressWork. You will be able to download/update PressWork via your WordPress dashboard.
What’s new in PressWork version 1.0?
If you’ve been following our updates on the blog about the PressWork version 1.0 Roadmap or on our support forum, then you know we’ve added and updated a ton cool stuff based on community requests and our vision for the future of PressWork.
- HTML5 semantic overhaul
- HTML5 video and audio support
- CSS updates for cross-browser compatibility
- Responsive CSS with media queries
- Custom slideshow options
- Updated Settings panel – Hooks, Functions, and other stuff
- Updated Layout panel – favicon support and other stuff
- Updated Color panel – more options
- Updated Social panel – more networks
- Flickr widget – See other widgets
- Meets all requirements for the WordPress.org Theme Development Checklist
- Language support – added .mo and .po files
- Security updates
- A bunch of core code revisions and other little stuff
We are always looking for more suggestions, ideas, and feedback. Keep it coming and let’s make PressWork the number 1 WordPress framework!